The candidate will depend on their knowledge of fluid power systems to diagnose and repair hydraulic components including cylinders, valves, pumps and motors. Responsibilities include the servicing, assembly, testing and installation/commissioning of the aforementioned components. Technicians are expected to manage work backlog, and report activities to foreman of component repairs.
A successful candidate will be able to work unsupervised or with minimal supervision, both in the shop and also traveling to and from external customer locations. Our strongest technicians are capable of conveying their diagnoses in both written and verbal communication can read blueprints and can diagnose component failures before removal from mobile equipment. The candidate will be expected to perform basic hydraulic cylinder, motor and related component calculations.
Applicants must have the ability to work under various time crunches that arise while utilizing demonstrated problem solving initiatives.
Our most effective employees maintain solid knowledge of our products and a firm understanding of our customers’ industries and applications. All our employees take a proactive approach to developing awareness of our customers’ needs.
- Disassemble, inspect, repair/replace, reassemble and test hydraulic pumps, hydraulic motors and hydraulic control valves to meet factory specifications
- Ability to diagnose and repair hydraulic components used on heavy equipment (CAT and Non-CAT) as well as industrial applications
- Traveling to customer site locations and servicing / troubleshooting hydraulic failures
- Completing physically demanding work in sometimes harsh outdoor conditions
- Safely operating required equipment associated with position
- Welding and custom fabrication
- Using hand tools, drill press, band saw, bench grinders etc.
- Setting-up and testing systems and components under direction of component repair foreman
- Recommending modifications to circuit & components to improve performance
- Taking fluid samples where and when appropriate and reads lab reports
- Maintaining safe, clean working environment
- Communicating with supervisors, co-workers and customers
- Excellent knowledge and hydraulic concepts and systems
- The ability to fault find and repair hydraulic control and power systems
- Competent reviewing hydraulic schematics to fault find, repair and offer technical advice when required
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Hydraulic pump, Hydraulic Motor and Hydraulic Control Valve Rebuilding
- Knowledge of hydraulic Cylinder Repair preferred
- Understanding of sequence & counterbalance circuits
- Understanding of hydrostatic drives
- Mechanical assembly skills
- Strong trouble shooting skills
- Training and experience with hydraulic hose crimping processes and practices
- College Diploma or High School GED and equivalent experience
- Ontario Welding Certificate of Qualification is highly preferred
- Fluid power certification is highly preferred
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits
- Official Parker Hannifin training
- Compensation for fluid power related education
- Close-knit small company environment
- Fast-paced work environment with the opportunity for growth